UNIZIP: ETHICS AND ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY
UNIZIP Group puts the sustainable development of its products at the top of its fundamental values, having always been characterized by a strong sense of social responsibility.
UNIZIP long ago chose to adopt the guidelines defined by the Detox and Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC) program, daily monitoring their production processes in order to guarantee ever greater care to protecting people and respecting the environment.
With regards to every step of our production chain and together with our partners, we tend to utilize more and more renewable energy sources in the various production plants.
Moreover, we treat, recycle and reuse wastewater, minimizing its consumption. Our idea of technological innovation goes through energy and resources consumption minimization plans.
A careful monitoring of the emissions allows us to reduce constantly the environmental impact, as well as the optimization of natural resources usage. A clear example is our continuous reduction of coal consumption in favor of natural gas.
Our daily commitment is inspired by the Decalogo sulla Responsabilità sociale e ambientale (Decalogue on social and environmental responsibility in the fashion sector) promoted by the National Chamber of Italian Fashion in 2012, and it reflects into the following attentions that we put daily in our offices and production facilities:
- Minimization of water use in electroplating plants, limiting the discharge in favor of recycling, treating the fumes according to the strictest ecological standards.
- Feeding the weaving plants through a complete solar energy system.
- Regeneration of most of the materials used in the die-cast zips, with particular attention to maintaining the high quality standards.
- Conferment to specialized companies of all metal and weaving waste, optimizing its use in areas which are less demanding in terms of technical and mechanical characteristics.
- All our facilities are updated with the ultimate insulation techniques, winter and summer air-conditioning, and without fiber cement roofing, in order to minimize the energy consumption and the environmental impact.
- Usage of recycled paper for all consumables used internally.
- Meticulous differentiation of all production waste such as wood and plastic, which are then given to companies specialized in recycling.